What do you do when you find out that:
- Climate change is likely to make flying in airplanes a little more scary
- Carbon dioxide levels in the atmosphere are approaching a level that hasn’t been reached for 50 million years
- The international community is concerned about the U.S.’s lack of committment to fighting climate change
The answer is NOT to hide under the covers. Here are three steps you can take to make a difference:
- Sign a petition urging world leaders to take action on climate change. There are several such petitions circulating, so you can find one that best represents your concerns. For example, here is one pledge from The Nature Conservancy.
- Take action in your own home. Follow our guide to a springtime energy clean up or consider replacing an old appliance with a new smart appliance, for which we also created this handy guide.
- Share some information from the Smart Power Illinois blog to your social media accounts and get your friends engaged in the climate fight, too.
P.S. Looking for some tunes to get you pumped as you start checking off items on your climate change to-do list? Lin-Manuel Miranda has you covered.